Beautifully Restored Historical Queenslander with Stunning Guest House
History abounds and literature breathes within the walls of this magical property steeped in love and fascinating tales of its past. This amazing property even has its own dedicated website, where you can read all about its incredible life – themacadamery.jazrealty.com
This delightful Queenslander , with breathtaking views, was first built in 1926 by a Dane, acknowledged to be the very first settler in Montville! Additions to the house were completed in the 1990s and a second dwelling on the property, The Cottage, which replicates the main house, was constructed in 2006 by the current owner, who purchased the property in 2004.
Sitting in a peaceful Montville Street amongst a blaze of floral colour and exotic joyous aromas and known affectionately as the old Montville Macadamery, the house and gardens sits proudly on 8 acres 5 acres of rainforest and 3 acres of semi tropical gardens.
Originally the garden was largely covered with Macadamia trees, which were used by the University of Queensland for the collection of material for the improvement of the Macadamia species in Australia and overseas. Over the years, the majority of the Macadamia trees have been cleared and manicured rolling lawn and tropical gardens have taken their place.
Novelist Eleanor Dark was the proud owner of this home in the 1950s. She lived here for 7 years and wrote, amongst others, the Novel Lantana Lane, which is based on the peculiar characters in her neighborhood.
Subsequent to Eleanor Dark, the 9th owners of this house were were Lois and Walter McVitty from 1992, who were publishers of fine quality childrens books. They relocated from Sydney to this home in Montville after falling in love with it at first sight and buying it 2 days later! The home possesses a literary feeling, which was picked up by The McVittys.
The current owner also added a stunning Boardwalk through the grounds, affording a gentle stroll to a cool and shady rainforest haven.
There is a fully lined spring fed dam, from which you can pump for garden irrigation
Features of the Main House 1926 original Queenslander
4 bedrooms (or 3 bedroms plus office)
2 bathrooms (one ensuite)
2 living areas.
Wrap around Verandas
12 foot high ceilings
Weather-sensor automatic blinds
Solar heated Pool
6kw solar power (connected to the grid).
Ground level room for at least 2 cars (or other vehicles)
Car port for two cars
Extra parking for 2 cars
Automatic roller doors
Workshop (bench space)/ Office
Lockable Storage for machinery
Separate Guest Cottage Built in 2006
2 large bedrooms
Enormous Open plan living and dining
Large functional kitchen
Wide verandas on 3 sides. Access on 3 sides.
Separate driveway to the cottage from Mill Hill Road
Reverse cycle a/c
Gardens and Grounds -Once a Macadamia orchard/Farm
Over 8 acres
Mixture of nature walks with board-walks, rainforest and manicured lawns and tended gardens.
Dam , complete with liner, pressure pump and underground piping affording ample water supply.
A selection of the shrubs and flowering of plants can be seen below.
Poinciana. Fangipani. Palms.Tree ferns .Trachelospermum repens,Perenial Dianthus.Clivia ,Hippeastrum.Daylilies, Potted Pandanus , Yucca Cordyline
Vegetable garden with raised beds and propogation equipment tool shed.
Amazing views direction of Maleny.
Have a look at the virtual tour and take your time navigating through every nook and cranny of the main house, gardens and guest house, at your own pace.
- Commonwealth Bank (15.61 km)1 reviews
- Bank of Queensland (50.95 km)1 reviews
- Westpac (48.37 km)1 reviews
- Formula 1 Finance (12.72 km)1 reviews
- Mycra Lawyers (48.87 km)3 reviews
- The Road House Service Station (13.41 km)1 reviews
- Rainbow Fuel Caloundra (15.87 km)1 reviews
- Caltex Woolworths (14.73 km)1 reviews
- Little Mountain Car Cafe (14.22 km)1 reviews
- BP (14.33 km)2 reviews
- Gypsy's Table (1.71 km)2 reviews
- Misty's Mountain Restaurant (1.65 km)5 reviews
- The Long Apron (1.22 km)2 reviews
- Poets Cafe (1.54 km)8 reviews
- Bella Cucina (1.5 km)1 reviews
- Noosa National Park (22.01 km)6 reviews
- Buderim Forest Park (9.9 km)1 reviews
- Gardners Falls (3.51 km)1 reviews
- Obi Obi Boardwalk (4.1 km)1 reviews
- Gleno Park & Waterfall (12.74 km)1 reviews
- Little May Espresso (1.53 km)7 reviews
- Shotgun Espresso (4.09 km)4 reviews
- Homegrown (4.43 km)2 reviews
- Poets Cafe (1.54 km)8 reviews
- Colin James Fine Foods (4.11 km)5 reviews
- Coles (13.95 km)1 reviews
- Woolworths (3.99 km)1 reviews
- Aldi (13.81 km)1 reviews
- Little Mountain Grocery & Veggies (12.65 km)1 reviews
- IGA (20.27 km)1 reviews
- Buderim Private Hospital (12.44 km)1 reviews
- Sunshine Coast University Public Hospital (13.81 km)1 reviews
- Medicine on Maple (4.07 km)1 reviews
- The Prince Charles Hospital (47.5 km)1 reviews
- Redcliffe Hospital (37.9 km)1 reviews